The creators of Facebook’s Big Data infrastructure and founders of Apache Hive joined forces and leveraged their experience to deliver Qubole which is a multi-cloud data platform for Data Engineering, Analytics, ML, & Analytics for Apache Spark, Hive, and Presto that offers a first-class user experience through a self-service UI with built-in notebooks, dashboards, data connectors and a native workbench for easy command execution. It offers the same advanced capabilities used by Big Data savvy organizations for a fraction of the cost.
- Hadoop as a Service: An elastic Hadoop cluster in the cloud, Hive, MapReduce, Pig and Sqoop as a Service with a Python SDK provides all the capabilities you need to create and maintain a Big Data application.
- INTUITIVE GUI: Graphical user interface for scheduling jobs, a query editor, a visual query builder and other ways to make your job easier and more productive.
- Auto Scaling: It spins up users’ clusters only when a job is started, then automatically scales or contracts them based on the workload, and spins the servers down once the job is done.
- OPTIMIZED HIVE: The elastic cluster makes full use of daemons to optimize resource allocation, distribution, and management. Qubole has demonstrated query speeds up to five times faster than the other cloud-based Hadoop distributions.
- SPOT INSTANCE PRICING: allows users to bid on unused Amazon EC2 capacity and run those instances for as long as their bid exceeds the Spot Price. QDS makes it easy to realize cost savings of as much as 50% to 60% by supporting both the Spot and Reserved Instance pricing models.
- IMPROVED S3 PERFORMANCE: It offers up to 5x faster query execution against data in S3 and 2x faster data writes than Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR).
In just six-month, the processing on Qubole’s platform increased by 36 percent. In other words, not only are more people using Spark, but the number of hours they’re using it is on the rise. Half of all Qubole customers are now using Spark as part of their analytic processing.
- Better Utilization: Qubole’s auto-scaling cluster, improved I/O optimization, and support for hybrid pricing helps you save as much as 50% to 60% in total while accomplishing tasks faster.
- Time to Deployment: Hadoop infrastructure is ready within minutes post signup, letting you focus on building sophisticated data pipelines, running queries, scheduling jobs and visualizing your big data
- Availability of datasets: Using built-in connectors, data will start flowing into your bucket, making it ready for you to cross-analyze from one location
- Easy to Use: manage deployment that minimizes operational interaction and provide your users with an easy to use solution that scales-up and down as needed without interaction with the technical team.
- Support: 100% guarantee that your data infrastructure is managed and supported by big data experts who have built and supported similar infrastructure for large companies (e.g. Facebook, MediaMath) and know what it takes.
- GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM
- ORACLE CLOUD